Background in Sex Offender Work
Mr. Podoll worked as a Sex Offender Specialist as a Juvenile Probation Counselor at King County Juvenile Court in Seattle, Washington from June 1984 to April 1999.
- Founding member of the King County Juvenile Court Sex Offender Program (S.O.P.)
- Assisted in the development of the S.O.P. and best practice standards for Sex Offender Specialists (counselors). This program was subsequently used as a model for similar programs developed throughout the United States.
- Completed Psychosocial Assessments involving the determination of the level of risk an individual might present to community safety, as well as identify an individual’s unique constellation of treatment needs.
- Participated in the staffing of all sex offender cases.
- Completed Pre-sentence Reports to Court along with making oral dispositional recommendations at the time of sentencing.
- Monitored clients’ treatment progress, and their compliance with court orders.
- Monitored therapists’ compliance with laws specific to the treatment of sex offenders.
- Counseled juvenile offenders and their families individually and in groups.
- Co-led parent informational/educational groups.